Mid Hudson SWE Scholarship
SWE NEXT Activities
- We will be working on a SWE Next Event to organize Robotics badge activity for Middle and High School girl scout troops in Hudson Valley. Here is the link to the activity:
- Our section would like to sponsor a SWENext group in one or more of the local schools. Members will be advisors to the SWENext group and will work with the girls on projects. The volunteers can decide which school they want to work with based on their geographic preference.
- If you are interested in helping with either or these projects, please contact Uma Srinivasan at email@example.com.
- BOOK BY FORMER MID-HUDSON SWE MEMBER
Jackie Reynolds is a chemical engineering grad from University of
Pittsburgh. She worked as a process engineer for Polaroid and then left
engineering to become a clown. She has been Bee Bee the Clown for
almost 23 years and now she has two counting books for kids.
– A picture book, Bee Bee’s Circus at the Counting Fair, counts to ten at
– An activity book, Bee Bee’s Circus Number Fun, teaches kids to count
backwards from twenty to one.
These are great for kids from preschool to the early elementary grades.
The link below has the more details about the books.
Bee Bee’s Circus at the Counting Fair
- Maker Faire Events
Maker Faire is the Greatest Show (and Tell) on Earth—a family-friendly
festival of invention, creativity and resourcefulness, and a celebration of the
Maker movement. Part science fair, part county fair, and part something
entirely new, Maker Faire is an all-ages gathering of tech enthusiasts,
crafters, educators, tinkerers, hobbyists, engineers, science clubs, authors,
artists, students, and commercial exhibitors. All of these “makers” come to
Maker Faire to show what they have made and to share what they have
Link to Maker Faire web site